Sunday 24 July 2016

The Festival

I had never been to one.
A festival.
I saw them on Facebook.
My interest wasn't captured.
This one didn't even have music.
This one didn't even have alcohol.
I'm a university student.
I like music and alcohol.
An elective perhaps.
Not one I elected.
Options were...limited.


Classmates were known and unknown.
Acquaintances and strangers.
I don't have friends.
I didn't think...
...
My expectations were low.
Life does that to you.
Pessimism.
I can't write.
What was the point?
My mind was....limited.


Wait a minute.
That's interesting.
I can feel something there.
What is that?
Was it there before?
Is it me?
I don't even know me?
How would I know?
I think I like it.
I had forgotten about it .
My life was...limited.


Strangers became friends
Acquaintances too.
I felt connected to people.
I felt disconnected from me.
It was good.
I learnt more about me,
Then I did about any author.
Isn't that funny.
I didn't expect that.
What a strange weekend.
Time was....limited.


I have been to one.
A festival.
It wasn't like Facebook.
My interest was captured.
There was no music.
There was a little alcohol.
I'm a university student.
I didn't need music or alcohol.
An elective perhaps.
Not one I elected.
My options are....limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment